Users who are viewing this thread

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
Thanks Ratz got the 2nd time around.My ? is why would you even get a W/C
like that.

People looked at Toto the same way when they first where brought into the States. The first Toto I seen was one with every bell and whistle you can think of. I just shook my head and told the home owner good luck.

Same thing with Grohe, I had a lady that imported a set of Grohe lav faucets and had issues with one. A solder ball flew through and shattered the ceramic disk. Trouble was no one local had any replacement parts. So I had to order up a set of stems took a month to get them. The home owner was a long time smiter of our till that instance, she was "disappointed" in us for taking so long to order and get her parts from Germany for her.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Much as I love European toilets, this will give you more headache than its worth. Trying to get imperial sized parts to fit the metric ones used in the civilized world will be the most difficult challenge.

Then there is the small issue that this country continues to use roasting hot 120 volts whereas the Europeans are keeping things cool (and underground) on 240 volts. Are you really going to wire a 240 volt circuit to run this thing?

But once again, European toilets rule. My recent favorite was at Frankfurt airport: the toilet seat cleaner. Toto eat your heart out.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.maniacworld.com/mechanical-toilet-seat-cleaner.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.maniacworld.com/mechanical-toilet-seat-cleaner.html&usg=__el2eiVzkQhmI1wvZxohhT8b056U=&h=331&w=445&sz=20&hl=en&start=1&um=1&tbnid=zhw_OW-NQirdgM:&tbnh=94&tbnw=127&prev=/images%3Fq%3D%2522toilet%2Bseat%2Bcleaner%2522%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Well, I think the Limey just insulted us a couple of times...

I say we stuff him in the bowl of his Cadet 3 Duct tape the seat down and ship him back to see the queen...:mad:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Redwood, fear not. This is the best colony if, like me at the moment, you have a job and are in good health.

If I lose my job, or find myself ill/old, I'll leave the key in the door and get the heck outta here.

Other than the 120 volts and imperial measurements that are unique to the US (other countries that still use them have updated them since we passed them over so a pint here is no longer a pint there and don't get me started on gallons) the only other quibble might be that your First Lady is too tall...

539w.jpg

Now, how do I get back onto the I-95?

British_colonies_1763-76_shepherd1923.jpg

Last edited:

jbbcd

Reaction score
Thanks for all you help!
usa@laufen.ch has e-mailed me back very rapidly!
Here is the info for anyone else that might be as looney as me! :D
Quote:

Hi John,

The closest location I have in AZ and CA

Clyde Hardware
Phoenix AZ 85014
602 264 2106

Montecito Sales
Van Nuys CA 91406
818 304 7300

Bath and Kitchens
Concord CA 94520
925 671 9700

Sincerely,

Loriann Pedro
Laufen Bathrooms
1-866-696-2493 Toll Free
1-866-264-7622 Fax
usa@laufen.ch

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Are any of those close?

Nothing like having a 7 hour drive for the part to make your toilet work again...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks