Eternal 195s LP orifice

Users who are viewing this thread

KAdams4458

Reaction score
Last year I picked up an Eternal 195s, then maybe a month later, they bugged out of the US. It's effectively worthless at this point, but because I do have a lot of money tied up in it, and dont have the cash for two new roofs and another water heater, I would like to run it until it dies. The problem is that the LP orifice is missing, and I cant seem to track down a new one. Help?

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
You may have to try the Taiwan contact.

Grand Hall USA, Inc.
3838 W. Miller Rd.,
Garland, TX 75041
Toll-Free: 866-946-1096

Manufacturer:
Grand Hall Enterprise Co., Ltd.
9th Floor, No 298, Rueiguang Rd.
Neihu, Taipei Taiwan (114)

Good Luck.

KAdams4458

Reaction score
I will give that a shot. It seems strange to me that I can't find anyone in Canada willing to mail me one, but over the years I have found dealing directly with Taiwan offices to be a very pleasant experience, so maybe that's my answer.

Or, maybe somebody here has one left over in their truck from installing a 195s in a residence with natural gas? I can hope!

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
I will give that a shot. It seems strange to me that I can't find anyone in Canada willing to mail me one, but over the years I have found dealing directly with Taiwan offices to be a very pleasant experience, so maybe that's my answer.

Or, maybe somebody here has one left over in their truck from installing a 195s in a residence with natural gas? I can hope!

You may be able to get a orifice from this place.

http://andersonforrester.com/

You need to know the BTU rating.

KAdams4458

Reaction score
A little update, and thanks for the suggestions so far.

No luck with finding a Taiwan email contact, and as much as I would love to just dial the number, my phone plan apparently doesn't include international calls. I never had a problem calling Hong Kong when I was with Sprint years ago, but oh well.

I have actively been looking for the propane conversion kit for a while. I have yet to see one appear on ebay, but I will continue to check. I also check CraigsList nationally, and have responsed to a few ads from sellers/installers here and there. No luck, yet.

I am intrigued by the idea of making one, as I have a metal lathe, so turning an aluminum orifice to a precise size isn't an obstacle, but I am not certain I fully understand how to determine the size of the orifice from the gas pressure and BTU ratings, or if doing so from the numbers written on the side of the unit is even possible. I don't want to blow my house up, but it would be really nice to take a hot shower again some day. Can anyone offer some advice on orifice sizing here without the need for a lawyer? Ha!

Reach4

Reaction score
I am intrigued by the idea of making one, as I have a metal lathe, so turning an aluminum orifice to a precise size isn't an obstacle, but I am not certain I fully understand how to determine the size of the orifice from the gas pressure and BTU ratings, or if doing so from the numbers written on the side of the unit is even possible.
Natural gas oraface has a bigger hole. In conversions, people would drill out the propane oraface. This search on a search engine will find you some info. convert propane to natural gas orifice size Note that the common conversion is from propane to natural gas, so it only takes drilling. I had heard of filling a brass oraface with solder and drilling that smaller, but that would not work for aluminum.

One of the results is this, which has a table.
http://ask.metafilter.com/121832/How-large-should-the-orifices-on-my-BBQ-be

I have no experience or expertise with this

Jim Ward

Reaction score
It may be too late bu I have a 195 with a propane oriface that I want to change back to NG. Would you be interested in trading?

Jim

minnermp

Reaction score
Jin Ward I am looking for a orifice to convert my GU195 I will buy yours if you still have it or does anyone know the exact size of the propane orifice so I can fabricate one thx

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks