EPS15/99 Electronic Pressure Switch

Users who are viewing this thread

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Yes it does. In fact, power cycling it is one way to reset it should it trip off from loss of pressure.

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
Since I have a large bin of fine digital cameras, remote controls, and dvd players, nothing gives more pleasure than that beautiful old switch with screws and hinges and terminals that I can see and touch.

I sure dont have anything digital 30 years old in the house. OK the first transistor radios still work, bu tthat was pre chip.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
A lot of people think a pressure transducer will last longer than a bellows or diaphragm in a mechanical pressure switch. I think it has a lot to do with number of cycles and mineral buildup. Although I still have an old video camera that winds up, uses film, and has no electronics, it doesn’t compare in performance to even the oldest electronic video tape camera. The electronics in my old VHS camera still work, I just can’t get tapes anymore.

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
The 8mm video cameras were the most amazing combination of mechanics and electronics, all ready to take a dump in a moment. I have 2 sonys that stopped working. Found a website on just how to whack it againt a table or hit it with a mallet - and about 1000 posts saying it works, including the techs that worked on them - they did it and charged 100$.

I found the safer way to touch a little spring and cog with a pencil to make it work another 4 hours. In a pinch, A good slap does work. My Kodak Retina3c from 1956 still takes better pictures, and except for the bellows, will last forever.

Anything run by a chip can be programmed to die right on time to keep the company profit up. Unless you are an electro-nerd with endless free time, we have lost control over most devices in our house.

We have acompany here deep in the woods that makes NASA pressure transducers. Those I could trust. The ones from back alley wongdong-whoa-to you LLC, are sabotage.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks