EnergyKinetics2000 Boilers - Anyone experiences

Users who are viewing this thread

lookloan

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

Trying to decide on a new boiler and one vendor wants to install a EnergyKinectics2000 boiler claiming it has a stainless steel heat exchanger and is the most effecient boiler one could buy.

I also notice some vendors are selling Weil-McLain 230

Anyone have any experience good or bad with these boilers?

Everyone is saying go with hydro-air and I hear it's no different than hot air heat as heated air is heated air. I wanted to do cast iron baseboard and most vendors look at me funny.

ANy thoughts on either heating methods?:confused:

lookloan

Reaction score
Just asking again

Maybe by the lack of replies from you fine folks:D , this KineticsEnergy2000 is a POS.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
There are numerous manufacturers of boilers out there. I just had a Buderus installed. Seems to be working fine, but it will be instructive when I get the next couple of gas bills. The $800 rebate from the utility company didn't hurt, either.

I looked at Viessman ($$), Weil McLain (okay, but I didn't like the aluminum heat exchanger), Munchkin, and a couple others. Never heard of this brand. One thing to consider is how long they've been in business and on parts availability. Buderus' US headquarters is about 10 miles from my house, so hopefully, if I need parts, they'll be quick!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks