Eljer Diplomat opinions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Alan Muller

Reaction score
Anybody had any experience with these?

They have a MAP rating of 1000, like the Titan, but are a bit cheaper. Is the bowl design the same?

http://www.eljer.com/productDetail.aspx?id=4961

eljer_diplomat.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

MFfan310

Reaction score
Basically, the Diplomat is a rebadged American Standard Cadet 3 for M*****s. Same 3" flush valve, tank/bowl design, 5-year warranty, and the like. Not sure if it has the EverClean glaze like the Cadet, though.

There's plenty of reviews of the Cadet 3 here... try a search.

Last edited by a moderator:

mbrenengen

Reaction score
Eljer Diplomat Toilet Reveiw & Praise

I registered with this site just so there is a place for me to voice my enthusiasm for this toilet. I had installed a super-cheap ******* toilet about 5 years ago. Since then, my wife has managed to clog it at least once a week. Recently, I had been browsing for a new toilet with a "10" rating. The Eljer Diplomat was on sale at ******* so I bought and installed it. What a difference! Not only can it flush absolutely everything without effort, it is quieter than our last toilet. What I can't understand now, is why, if the price is the same or less, would anyone buy a toilet that wasn't rated "10"? Who is buying the "2"'s? Weird. Matt

PlanetIowa

Reaction score
I had a disappointing experience with a Toto. I moved. The handyman installed an Eljer Diplomat. This toilet performs only SLIGHTLY better than the Toto, but it cost less. The toilets flushed well. It was hard to clog them, although too much paper could. The trouble is that neither had enough water force to clean the sides. Frequently, there's scrubbing following every bowel movement. I'd happily pay a greater water bill if I could find a toilet which cleaned itself.

go_ND

Reaction score
I purchased an Eljer Diplomat toilet from Menards in 2014 (it is 2019 as I post this). I am very pleased with this toilet. I installed it myself--fairly easy to do as long as a person is careful with the wax ring so no leaks occur. In my opinion, this is a great toilet. We (7 members in our household) are on a well/septic system. In five years I have never needed to plunge this toilet. Solids go down perfect every time. This was the most important item for me. It does have a seat and cover that close by themselves if one initiates the "drop"--they go down slowly and do not drop at the speed of gravity. The cover still closes properly, however, the seat stopped closing properly (slowly by itself) after 2-3 years. After that time, it just started to drop at the speed of gravity. No big deal to me--we just lower it manually. I am not sure if the "EverClean surface" is any better than a typical toilet.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks