Elevated shower drained fine now it doesn't. Help I stink!

Users who are viewing this thread

cowdough

Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
I acquired a building for my woodshop. I'm in the middle of a divorce so I needed a shower. The place had a big mop sink in the kitchen area along with big industrial stainless sinks. There's a bathroom with a sink and toilette on the other side of the wall. I framed an elevated stand for my pan cause and tied the drain in with the existing sink drains. Everything worked great until I washed some dishes in the sink and water started coming up from my shower drain. Now it won't drain at all. I've plunged, snaked. Everything...even re did all of it. I didn't wash any food or anything down the sink. This is just random. Everything else drains fine bit shower. Any ideas?

Reach4

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the troubles.

Maybe have a professional come out with a heavier rodding machine. Also use a stopper in the sink for washing, and when you let the water out, put a strainer in place over the drain. That will both slow the water a bit, and will keep the food particles from going down the drain.

If you are on septic, how long since the tank was pumped?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks