Electricity power drained

Discussion in 'Electrical Forum discussion & Blog' started by batlasi, Jan 10, 2011.

1. batlasi

batlasi New Member

When I use Microwave oven, the electricity power drains to 50%. When I use washing machine, the electricity cycles as washing machine cycles. When I use garbage disposal, the electricity power surcharges. I started seeing these problems very recently. What could be wrong and how do I diagnose the problem.
  2. Jim Port

Jim Port Electrical Contractor

You need to call your power company ASAP. You may have a loose connection, typically the neutral. If the power company does not find anything then it is time to call an electrician and look for a loose connection in your equipment.
  3. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

I don't know how you are detecting power "drained" and "surcharged" but I agree with jim port that your symptoms could well be bad neutral in the house or from the pole, and this is an emergency situation. Call your electric company immediately.
  4. batlasi

batlasi New Member

I called the power company and they came by and determined that the transformer was wired improperly which was causing leak. after correcting the wiring, everything is working fine.

thanks for all the feedback.