Electricity power drained

Users who are viewing this thread

batlasi

Reaction score
When I use Microwave oven, the electricity power drains to 50%. When I use washing machine, the electricity cycles as washing machine cycles. When I use garbage disposal, the electricity power surcharges. I started seeing these problems very recently. What could be wrong and how do I diagnose the problem.

Jim Port

Electrical Contractor
Reaction score
Website
www.manta.com
You need to call your power company ASAP. You may have a loose connection, typically the neutral. If the power company does not find anything then it is time to call an electrician and look for a loose connection in your equipment.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I don't know how you are detecting power "drained" and "surcharged" but I agree with jim port that your symptoms could well be bad neutral in the house or from the pole, and this is an emergency situation. Call your electric company immediately.

batlasi

Reaction score
I called the power company and they came by and determined that the transformer was wired improperly which was causing leak. after correcting the wiring, everything is working fine.

thanks for all the feedback.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks