Electrical Mistakes Video?

Users who are viewing this thread

Nate R

Reaction score
I had a link saved somewhere for a site that had a video of mistakes that electrical inspectors commonly miss. I can't find it on the web anywhere, nor can I find the location of the link I had.

Anyone know what I'm talking about? The video featured a "wall" of mistakes w/ outlets, etc in a prop wall.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
wall of mistakes

When you do find it, watch at the beginning when he says the wall panel is alive. Then he says his gloves protect him from the power, but since they have short cuffs they are obviously not "hot gloves". Then watch how close his exposed wrists AND wrist watch come to the primary wire's connection. Also note how he suddenly "sees" some of the very error connections he must have done and should have known about ahead of time.

Alectrician

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
What a dope.

If the panel WAS hot, it would be funny as hell to see his watch blow up. Does anyone grab live conductors if they don't have to?

Bond bushing required with concentric ko's over 1"???? Guess again.

Contrarily???Ironically???? Nice.

Wire has to be identified with tape only??

Tie the conduit to the panel??? It's NM ya goofball

Anti oxident is not required.

It takes him several minutes and an edit to explain that the first point of disconnect is the panel.

2 hours of this blabber?

I couldn't take any more.

Radon Contractor and Water Treatment
Reaction score
Website
www.78radon.com
Anyone know what I'm talking about? The video featured a "wall" of mistakes w/ outlets, etc in a prop wall.

I did not have the patience to watch anymore than 10 minutes ... the biggest mistake I saw was safety. I flinched everytime that jacka$$ grabbed the feed like it was a handle on a subway car ... and the watch ... this shouldn't be used as a training tool for inspectors.

AKRBT

Reaction score
very very scary

this pretty much reinforces my opinion of home inspectors-- very very scary. In our town they are now forcing us to use them for energy ratings and they are getting very quickly trained- not as scary, but very stupid government. Why is that this training video choose a electrician who also seems either questioning himself, or under trained, or maybe just nervous.. either way if i knew my inspector took this course and considered himself capable of rating my house I would have wished I never signed his non-liability statement. My inspector missed a HUGE, easily seen error- 110 basement outlet circuit was wired directly off a 220v dryer circuit.... when I asked an electrical engineer friend and a home depot guy about this they both about shat their pants...I belive my inspector never did a simple circuit test- he relied on the homeowner to label their circuits, which they did completely incorrectly. I have since corrected this and basically re-wired the basement.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
if i knew my inspector took this course and considered himself capable of rating my house I would have wished I never signed his non-liability statement.

In court a judge will throw out that statement in a contract.

An inspector can't have it both ways.

He can't inspect your home and not be liable for missing something that was in plain sight that he or any knowledgeable inspector should have seen and known about.

Radon Contractor and Water Treatment
Reaction score
Website
www.78radon.com
In court a judge will throw out that statement in a contract.

An inspector can't have it both ways.

He can't inspect your home and not be liable for missing something that was in plain sight that he or any knowledgeable inspector should have seen and known about.

They get sued quite often. I met a home inspector at a conference and he informed me his liability insurance was 15,000 / year:eek:

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks