Electric valve question

Users who are viewing this thread

MarkMCM

Reaction score
LIvestock watering system with well pumping to a storage tank and a line pump from the storage to the field.

Storage tank is on high point of property. Line pump is 40 feet lower than storage.

I have a float valve to shut off the line pump when tank gets to half. However, if we have a failure in the field, the pump shuts off but the tank will gravity flow to empty. Big problem.

I can connect an electric valve to the relay operating the line pump. It is 1 1/2" line.

I found this in an old valveman response http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/Toro-NPT-Irrigation-Valve-Scrubber-p/p220s-26-08.htm

However, it is 24 volt. Everything in the pump house is 110 or 220. Do I use this with a transformer or are there better options?

I need 15 gpm flow that can shut off against 40 feet of head.

Thanks for your help.

MarkMCM

Reaction score
If we have a line failure in the field, the line pump will shut off when the storage tank drops to half. However, the water will continue to gravity feed the leak at the failure until the storage is drained.

I need a valve to stop the gravity feed when the line pump shuts off due to low level.

Your cycle stop and cycle sensor are working great in our system. Thanks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks