Electric Showers

Users who are viewing this thread

Flashlight863

Reaction score
Am moving from UK to Canada and having difficulty finding an electric type shower to install there. Is there any manufacturer in N. America producing them and if so could you let me know about them. I think the term 'tankless' would apply but not sure what is meant by that other than the water is sourced from the main supply. Any help please. Thanks William

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Are you looking for a tankless, instant hot water source? As opposed to a point of use device, when used here, they tend to be used for the whole house. Several brand names available in the US are Takagi, Rinai, Bosch. Search on tankless and see what you come up with. Note that many areas in Canada would likely have very cold incoming water in the winter - close to freezing, and a tankless system has trouble providing high volumes of hot water under those conditions - it takes a lot of power. If you are willing to live with a low-flow showerhead, one of reasonable size might work for you. Many houses aren't set up with enough power to provide for a large one. Parts of Canada have pretty cheap electric rates because of abundent hydroelectric plants, so that may not be an issue, but that isn't true everywhere.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks