Ejector Pit Connection Question

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by seaneys, Sep 8, 2007.

1. seaneys

seaneys New Member

Hello,

I'm getting ready to install an ejector pit in my addition. The ejector will be used for a floor drain for now, but might have a bar sink in the near future.

The ejector pits I have seen so far all come pre-drilled with ~4" whole in the side. What is the 'trick' to attach PVC in to an ejector pit? The whole does not see to be drilled, etc. Is there a special fitting to attach to a around catch basin?"

Thanks,
    Steve
  2. GrumpyPlumber

GrumpyPlumber Licensed Grump

Ask for a "Bulkhead" fitting at your local plumbing supply.
  3. leejosepho

leejosepho DIY scratch-pad engineer

I used a rubber bushing for mine.
  4. GrumpyPlumber

GrumpyPlumber Licensed Grump

Thats pretty much what a bulkhead is, two flanges that thread together with a gasket between and have a hub for PVC.