Effluent Pump Grounding

Users who are viewing this thread

ACEschborn

Reaction score
I'm in the process of replacing my effluent pump in my septic system. The problem, as I see it, is that the existing wire run to the holding/pump tank is without a ground. Running new cable would likely be prohibitive.

Our township has adopted the 2003 version of the International Electric Code (ICC).

In this instance, does it make sense to a) install the new effluent pump with no ground hookup OR b) drive a ground rod nearby and hook up the pump directly to the new ground rod OR c) none of the above (please elaborate)...

Thanks!

-ace

Reach4

Reaction score
While I don't know that code, I doubt that option b would help toward that code.

ACEschborn

Reaction score
Thanks for the response, but I'm an idiot. The cable (presumably ran in 1996) does indeed have a ground. Upon my first, quick look, I did not notice it had been tucked high and hidden in the box.

Please disregard my inquiry!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks