Effect of drain line on plants

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and r' started by mwturtle1, Jul 23, 2010.

1. mwturtle1

mwturtle1 New Member

Hello,

I live in Las Vegas and just had a Waterboss 950 installed with the drain line going out of the wall of the garage. I have heard that the sodium chloride will kill all the plants around and also tear up the concrete of a walkway nearby and the house which it spills onto. The question is would I be able to circumvent this from happening if I dug a hole a couple of feet down, dropped the hose down to that point and filled it with rocks, sand and other porous material in order to not have it be a problem with the plants and concrete.

I understand I could change to potassium chloride, but the obvious cost is the main reason why I don't want to change.

Any thoughts would be very much appreciated.

Anthony

Attached Files:

2. Gary Slusser

Gary Slusser That's all folks!

Retired
    On the ground as it is or underground is going to contaminate the groundwater and that is not allowed in most places. And if you have a well, you run a high risk of polluting it.

The discharge water should go into your septic or sewer line.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement