Ecowater softner

Users who are viewing this thread

woodsmith6

Reaction score
Hey Guys!
I've had or rather got ripped off around 18 years ago when I purchased a Ecowater softener. Disassembled unit recently because i knew that my resin was shot (water flow at faucets was greatly reduced. water flow returned when unit was in bypass.) Examined media and found it to be like fine silt. Purchased new resin ( not Eco water resin! ecowater company must be government protected. Impossible to purchase parts ). Refilled resin tank 3/4 full, reassembled unit. Flushed system, ran water for a week now. NO SOFT WATER! What gives? Installed new spider gaskets lubed with silicone grease. It's almost as though water isn't passing through resin?! I set it to regenerate, brine seems to be functioning properly.

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
After you refilled the media tank with the new resin and put the upper basket back into place, there should have been an O ring on top of the distributor , is it possible that the o ring is missing? broke?
That is where I would be looking.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks