Ecoflow peat filter septic system

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by pipehacker, May 8, 2008.

1. pipehacker

pipehacker New Member

Does anyone have any advice or experience with this septic system, which uses peat as a filter material? Thanks
  2. leejosepho

leejosepho DIY scratch-pad engineer

Do a search for "ecoflow" on this page and you can read some things a pro wrote a few years ago:
    http://www.eco-nomic.com/septicforum.htm

To me, it sounds expensive and high-maintenance, and I would only consider it as a last option available.
  3. byndq

byndq New Member

I will be installing an ECO-PURE system next week at my new home in northern Illinois. Do your research. I was at first being pushed by my county health department to use the Bord Na Mona system. Thousands more costly than the Eco-Pure.
    Maintenance is minimal. Other than the normal pumping of the tank, I will be able to do the rest myself. No maintenance contracts.