DXV toilet?

Users who are viewing this thread

katlie11

Reaction score
Renovating a hall bath, mainly used by our two kids. Have to go with a kohler archer tub because it is the only soaking depth tub I can find that is 60x30. I wanted to match the whites, so I was first looking at the kohler persuade then I read reviews about the flushing and nixed it. I am looking for a skirted toilet with small dimensions for this small space. I moved on to the toto Aquia, (I was told the cotton white matches kohler white) which works for me for size and look, but does not have CEFIONTECT. Seems silly to me to not get a toilet with the latest and greatest "technology" to make keeping it clean easier. The legato is ok, has CEFIONTECT, but I don't love it. I was introduced to dxv today. I like the Seagram and the Lyndon very much, they basically meet all of my criteria. But I cannot find any reviews of dxv toilets. I believe American standard has a good toilet reputation, but there is no way my husband will let me buy a toilet with no information on its flushing effectiveness, ease of installation, ease of repair, etc. I also need to know if the white matches kohler, person at showroom said absolutely yes, then I called dxv who could not confirm that they did. Please help - I have spent days and days researching toilets. I keep going in circles!
dxv-fitzgerald-01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Why only the Aquia? Why not try the nice, compact, Toto Entrada? Fantastic flush. Insanely-low price (look at Terry's prices for what's fair then look around and don't pay more). But alas no CEFIONTECT. Simple, easily replaceable parts that you can get in any hardware store.

Want to upscale a little? How about the Drake II, CST454CEFG? Great flush, nice appearance, CEFIONTECT, Universal Height, etc. Same thing regarding parts and ease of repair.

Or the Ultramax II one-piece? A very, very popular, nicely-compact (at least to me) toilet. Comes standard with CEFIONTECT and the Double Cyclone flush. Same thing regarding parts and repair.

All have great flushes.

And, no, American Standard of late hasn't had the world's best reputation when it comes to toilets. They are getting better, but their quality control was demonstrably-mediocre for a while. The guts of some of these new AS systems are non-standard, and some parts won't just be available at any hardware store.

And I can say this from experience. Don't drive yourself crazy over this. Pick a Toto you like the looks of. Install it. You will like it. If you like the Aquia, then just get it. Terry sells hundreds and hundreds of them, and people love them and call and order more. Even though it doesn't have CEFIONTECT. If you like the powerful flush of the Entrada, get it, even though it doesn't have CEFIONTECT. Etc.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Take the above advice seriously. It is hard to match Toto for quality and performance. As far a color match is concerned, I can assure you that a slight color difference will only be noticed by you, and then for a very, very short time. The human eye/brain connection is amazing. When you are not actually looking for it, you will not see it. Neither will your guests. Years ago I put new cabinets in my kitchen. The range was located between two of them. The floor was not level, and the cabinet on the left was 1" higher than the one 30" on the right. I was this way for 20 years. Yes, we knew it was there, but never thought about it and never noticed it.

Brian Hartman

Reaction score
Renovating a hall bath, mainly used by our two kids. Have to go with a kohler archer tub because it is the only soaking depth tub I can find that is 60x30. I wanted to match the whites, so I was first looking at the kohler persuade then I read reviews about the flushing and nixed it. I am looking for a skirted toilet with small dimensions for this small space. I moved on to the toto Aquia, (I was told the cotton white matches kohler white) which works for me for size and look, but does not have CEFIONTECT. Seems silly to me to not get a toilet with the latest and greatest "technology" to make keeping it clean easier. The legato is ok, has CEFIONTECT, but I don't love it. I was introduced to dxv today. I like the Seagram and the Lyndon very much, they basically meet all of my criteria. But I cannot find any reviews of dxv toilets. I believe American standard has a good toilet reputation, but there is no way my husband will let me buy a toilet with no information on its flushing effectiveness, ease of installation, ease of repair, etc. I also need to know if the white matches kohler, person at showroom said absolutely yes, then I called dxv who could not confirm that they did. Please help - I have spent days and days researching toilets. I keep going in circles!
Did you end up getting a dxv? I'm also looking at the Lyndon, and can't find any reviews...

patmurph5

Reaction score
I'm considering getting the DXV Seagram toilet VS Toto Drake II . The Seagram is considerably less however, I'm wondering if replacemnt parts for the tank needs to come from a plumbing supply house or can I buy replacement parts from the big box stores. Also, I'm wondering if everything is harder bc theres not much room in the tank. Please give me your thoughts! Also. thoughts on the DXV Seagram vs Toto Drake II. Thanks!

patmurph5

Reaction score
I have an American Standard toilet that very frequently I must hold down the flush handle til all the waste is completely flushed out of the bowl. Can I fix this or is it time for a new toilet? The toilet is about 13 yrs old. Thanks!

Reach4

Reaction score
I have an American Standard toilet that very frequently I must hold down the flush handle til all the waste is completely flushed out of the bowl. Can I fix this or is it time for a new toilet? The toilet is about 13 yrs old. Thanks!
About 13 years is about the time when toilets were largely switching from 2 inch flappers to 3 inch flappers. What I suspect that a universal adjustable flapper of the right (2 or 3 inch) size would be good for you. If your flapper is 3 inch, http://www.fluidmaster.com/products/toilet/flappers/5403-universal-adjustable-3-flapper/ would be good to consider.

I suspect it is not a DVX toilet, but you did not see how to start a new thread.
To post a new thread:

Click Forums, which gets you to http://www.terrylove.com/forums/index.php

Click the name of the forum that you want to post into.

On the right, click on "Post New Thread".

patmurph5

Reaction score
About 13 years is about the time when toilets were largely switching from 2 inch flappers to 3 inch flappers. What I suspect that a universal adjustable flapper of the right (2 or 3 inch) size would be good for you. If your flapper is 3 inch, http://www.fluidmaster.com/products/toilet/flappers/5403-universal-adjustable-3-flapper/ would be good to consider.

I suspect it is not a DVX toilet, but you did not see how to start a new thread.
To post a new thread:

Click Forums, which gets you to http://www.terrylove.com/forums/index.php

Click the name of the forum that you want to post into.

On the right, click on "Post New Thread".
Haha! Thank you!! I've never been on the site before!

Martin Joseph

Reaction score
I have to chime in here. I remodeled my home about 10 years ago. I used two different toilets. In the main Bathroom I used the Toto Soiree, based on the appearance if it and also the glowing reviews it received here.

In my basement I used the American Standard Cadet 3.

The cost difference was substantial (200 vs 800).

Although the poster above criticized AS quality, the Cadet 3 has been flawless and flushes brilliantly every time. The Toto has been repeated problems and has NEVER flushed consistently. Dirty Bowl, stains in trapway, double flushes and also plunger needed.

My anecdotal experience with Toto has been negative. It's a beautiful product, but it is too expensive and does not perform as well as American Standard for me.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks