DWV Shower and Toilet Wet Vent?

Users who are viewing this thread

JackJ

Reaction score
Can a shower be the wet vent for a toilet assuming the shower has a proper vent on it of course?

Put another way. See below picture. Is this legal?

Background: Space constraints prevent me from wet venting the toilet with the lavatory while complying with code and leaving ample counter space.
upload_2015-1-16_17-15-47.png

View attachment 27827

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I assume the vent will continue upwards from the 3" tee, so there is no need for a "Wet vent", unless the sink is draining into that pipe which is still permitted.

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
Any vented group fixture (lav, shower, toilet) within proper vent to trap arm may be used as the wet vent for the group provided it is properly sized. But that's IPC, your code may vary.

JackJ

Reaction score
Any vented group fixture (lav, shower, toilet) within proper vent to trap arm may be used as the wet vent for the group provided it is properly sized. But that's IPC, your code may vary.
Tom you beautiful concise to the point bastard I love you! Thanks for for answering the question directly I will keep coming back to this forum for that reason! I hope they give you a cut of the advertising wage the site brings in!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks