DWV for new bathroom questions

Discussion in 'Remodel Forum & Blog' started by dlink, Feb 21, 2009.

1. dlink

dlink New Member

I am building a brand new bathroom and had a questions regarding the DWV runs. As shown in the pic I have a double sink on one side of the bathroom and a whirlpool tub and seperate shower on the opposite side. I am woundering if I can run a 2" horizontal drain between both fixture and connect all the fixtures to it. The 2" line would then connect into a vertical 3" main drain.
    Note the shower would be plumbed with 2", the double sinks 1 1/2 and tie into 1 drain via a 4 way tee with a vertical line going up for the vent and a line going down to connect into the 2" line between all fixtures. The tub would be plumbed 1 1/2.

Please refer to pic

Or does the shower, whirlpool tub and sinks need to connect into the 3" main drain by means of their own run into a wye on the 3' line?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2009
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Retired Systems engineer for defense industry.
    You need to vent EACh fixture separately. The vents can combine 6" above the flood plane of the highest (most inspectors want 42").

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement