DWV Design

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Wilson22, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Wilson22

Wilson22 New Member

Having glued up the following I'm having serious doubts about my design and thought it best to ask the experts. :confused: I'd call a local plumber but sadly my location is sufficiently remote that travel time is a killer. In fact, I'm sufficiently remote that we have no plumbing or building inspection. So the attached is a bathroom backing on to a laundry room. The closet riser is 4â€, the main outlet 3†and the others are 2â€.
    IMG_5552 - Copy.jpg
    I guess my question is: Will this work and can I vent the toilet via the shower vent. If not, what is the simplest remedy? I’m not too worried about code but rightly worried about function and longevity. Hidden in the sand is the shower's P-Trap. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Wilson
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Since you have used a 2" wye fitting for the shower, that will legally vent the toilet.

The lav, washer and shower vents can tie together at 42" above the floor and then extend through the roof.
    What you have looks nice.
  3. Wilson22

Wilson22 New Member

Terry,

You just made my day! Thank you so much!
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

We have to assume those are long sweep elbows at the bottom of the sink and laundry risers.
  5. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer In the Trades

Here the laundry and shower can't be on the same 2" lateral
  6. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

It looks like his laundry 2" wyes into the 3", same as for the shower.