DWV Design Video

Users who are viewing this thread

Nate R

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHljh7sqZqE

Please take a look at my video. Roughly done, and not sure why the vid is so blurry. But I think it's all visible.

-Left trap would be for a bathtub. Right for a lav. (Assume a 1 1/4" trap that then goes to a 1 1/2" pipe)

-Assume proper 1/4" / FT slope.

-1 1/2" PVC for all of it except the bottom 1/8/Wye Combo. That combo would join 2" that would be existing.

-Elbows need to go around a chimney. I have them as long sweeps. Can I go to normal Sanitary sweeps or not?

-Don't know what fitting I should use to join and continue the vents. (The part where there is no fitting) Straight Tee or do I use an upside down Santee? If so, why?

-Anything wrong?

-Add a cleanout anywhere? (I have the one cleanout at the left end.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
dwv

Not sure why it had to be a video. I assume the lavatory trap is going to be a lot higher relative to the tub drain than you show it. Otherwise, on the surface, it appears to be okay. The vent connection can be any fitting you want, vent tee, inverted san tee, inverted combination Y-1/8 bend, or an inverted Y with an 1/8 bend. At that point it is immaterial.

Nate R

Reaction score
I made it a video because i couldn't get a view that showed all the fittings, and I wanted to see if I understood that part of the software.

Yes, the trap height of the sink would be higher.

Thanks for your input!

SRdenny

Plumbing Contractor
Reaction score
All those 1/4 bends downstream could be trouble when the soap scum and hair start to build up some years down the road.

Nate R

Reaction score
Yeah, I thought about that, but the only straighter route would be through quite a few joists.

I'll evaluate as I actually put it together. I'm assuming that 2 45s with a straight piece between them of any sort is better than one 90? I'll see when I get there, I may be able to do 2 45s instead of the 2 horizontal 90s.

I think I'll make sure there's easily accessible cleanouts and maybe use the organism based drain cleaner every few years while I still live here. Can't hurt.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks