DWV Advice ~ Edmonds, WA

Users who are viewing this thread

Vmm_Seattle

Reaction score
BasementRun.jpg Ktch1.jpg

Need DWV advice for two sinks. Main sink will be 16 ft & island sink will be 8 ft from waste stack. Proposed 2 in vent & waste shown in gray. Trying to avoid creating an additional (perhaps un-needed penetration through roof) See yellow.

AvoidingVentStraight.jpg

Essentially asking can we consider the stack extension in a sort of "S" shaped path

S_PATH.jpg

Last edited:

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
I can't make out your plan very well but if it helps, a dry vent can run horizontally (with pitch) once it reaches a level at least 6" above the flood rim of the highest fixture served by the vent, or 42" above the floor, whichever is higher. It is not permitted to tie a vent into a stack which is the drain for fixtures on floors above. Sometimes it is easier to tie vents together in the attic to share a single vent through the roof.

Vmm_Seattle

Reaction score
I can't make out your plan very well but if it helps, a dry vent can run horizontally (with pitch) once it reaches a level at least 6" above the flood rim of the highest fixture served by the vent, or 42" above the floor, whichever is higher. It is not permitted to tie a vent into a stack which is the drain for fixtures on floors above. Sometimes it is easier to tie vents together in the attic to share a single vent through the roof.

Here is a diagram that may help.
FLOOR.JPG
It sounds like I cannot tie the vent to the waste because there are drain that occur after it.
FLOOR_ALT.JPG
Do I have to extend the stack straight up (far left of diagram)?
Can I just extend my vent up to the roof after my sink?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The concern would be waste from above, not below.
The island sink would need either an AAV for venting, which is okay in Washington, or a true Island Vent, (which it's not now as drawn)

Vmm_Seattle

Reaction score
The concern would be waste from above, not below.
The island sink would need either an AAV for venting, which is okay in Washington, or a true Island Vent, (which it's not now as drawn)

Yes, I will use a AAV for the island. So the way I have done it could be an issue even with using a Wye at the island sink attach ? See completion photos . Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0030.JPG
    IMG_0030.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_0028.JPG
    IMG_0028.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 148
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks