DW drain routing

Users who are viewing this thread

holtzlou

Reaction score
I installed some new cabinets and forgot to notch the bottoms to route the drain like the previous cabs were done. The old drain line ran along the floor about 3', took a right hand turn, then about 2' over into sink cabinet. It then went to a high loop and into the dw tail piece.
I was hoping to be able to drop this through the floor, over to sink base, then back up into a high loop. The counter tops on on, so trying to route under the cabs is not an option.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Have you checked behind the drawers for depth? Sometimes there is room behind them that would allow you to drill and run a hose.

Last edited:

holtzlou

Reaction score
Terry,

unfortunately none of the cabs have drawers. My wife does not want the hose in the cabinets. Also, the DW is on the end of a peninsula. The cabinet right next to it faces the same as DW, but the next one(corner) the doors face the opposite direction. So trying to route it through the cabs would be an adventure.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Once the drain line drops down and then back up, it makes little difference how far it drops because the line will still be full of water. is there room to run it under the countertop behide the door frames?

holtzlou

Reaction score
So go up right away and them just drop down to the dw adapter at the trap. I'm at work right now, but that may work!

What is the diameter of hose I need? I going to need longer than the 6' hoses sold at Home Depot. Do you know if they sell it by the foot?

thanks

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The hose from the dishwasher is 5/8"
After the air gap, it's 7/8"
You can buy hose by the foot.

air_gap_dearborn.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks