duravit vario connect wall outlet toilet gook up??? not at same level?

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by felicitasnyc, Jun 7, 2010.

1. felicitasnyc

felicitasnyc New Member

I live in Manhattan and the building has outlets in the wall. The outlet height is approx. 4 1/4" above the floor, the DURAVIT happy D toilet at 7 1/4"

We purchased the vario connector kit and were told it was made for this situation but now the plumber is giving me a hard time. How do we create a drop of almost 3" between the toilet drain and the wall outlet?

Please this is urgent, I have no bath room right now and am desperate.
    There are no other good looking toilets on the market and I waited years to redo the bath room just for this reason.
    If we can not find a solution I will start tearing my hair out!!!! ahhhhh

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2010
  2. worsnup

worsnup plumbing contractor

u have to open the wall and move the san tee to proper level
  3. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

You will have to relocate the rough-in at the wall.
    Also, how do you plan on providing water to the toilet?

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  4. From the bowl outlet, the waste pipe can take any route (to the building's waste) that a plumber will determine to be appropriate.

Your Happy D bowl has its outlet at 7 inches above the floor. You want it to enter a (horizontal?) pipe 4 inches above the floor. That is a drop of 3 inches. The exact geometry (and the most compact possible way to do this) may be describable, if you post images and link to them. The concern is the same for all rear outlet toilet bowls.
  5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

What type of toilet did you have originally? A wall mounted, or a floor mount with a rear outlet. Depending on which you had revising the drain height will be expensive, or super expensive.