Duravit Happy D Rear outlet Toilet question -

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by tungsten79, Jul 15, 2011.

1. tungsten79

tungsten79 New Member

Hello

I'm renovating a bathroom. Currently there is a rear outlet (wall outlet) toilet, the hole in the wall is 4" above the floor.

The Happy D and others from Duravit the rear outlet seems to be 7" from the floor. Is this still possible with some piping? Will there still be a smooth flush - don't want any problems later.

http://www.qualitybath.com/product~...paign=Duravit&utm_term=85425&utm_content=none

THere is a Kohler Barrington that is 4-1/4" from the floor, but it's not as nice

Thanks!
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2011
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Toilets with the opening 7" from the floor are usually wall mount rear outlet which would require an inside the wall carrier to support it. Floor mount toilets "usually" have the outlet 4" from the floor. I do not know which applies to the Duravit.
  3. GaryMarino

GaryMarino Master Plumber

I know this info is a few days late but maybe it'll be of some use to you. I have done it 4 times. The Duravit Happy D is meant to be used with the VERO connectors they push on you at the plumbing supply house/ showroom. DO NOT BUY IT !! This toilet can be installed if the situation is correct... I can explain it to you if you are still interested in using it.. If not I'd spend a lot of time typing for nothing. Send me an E-mail and I'll to you
    If not Take care Gary Marino gary_marino@yahoo.com
  4. Tony.Pasqua

Tony.Pasqua New Member

Europeanback outlet toilets

I recently installed an European back outlet toilet. The discharge was 7" off of the floor but the wall flange was 4" from the floor. I found a really neat flexible adaptor at www.toiletadaptor.com It only took me an hour to replace it!
  5. marylouise

marylouise New Member

duravit happy d-seems like my also best option. what is problem with installation?.

WAS PLUMBED for the kohler barrington at 4in rough. like the look of floor mounted vario happy d rear outlet=which I must have in my apmt NYC. cannot move plumbing except for rough in height which my plumber wants $2000.00-a "days job"!!! What is prob?lem with installation happy d. Thanks marylouise
  6. wjcandee

wjcandee Wise One

Probably better to buy stuff based on how well it performs rather than how it looks. There are a number of others that would fit better where your Barrington goes, and probably work better with a cheaper installation. There's a thread on here about floor-mount, rear discharge, toilets recently. Funny how things come in threes. I'll find it for you.

Also, get a bid from Maccarone Plumbing. They're based in Glen Cove, but they do a lot of work in Manhattan -- I see them on my street all the time. They are reputed to be nice folks who work at a fair price. A friend has been raving about the since they did some work for her recently. http://maccaroneplumbing.com/aboutus.html