Ductless bathroom exhaust fan

Discussion in 'Remodel Forum & Blog' started by shelbyhughes@comcast.net, Jun 29, 2009.

1. shelbyhughes@comcast.net

shelbyhughes@comcast.net New Member

I just had a bathroom built in my basment and need to exhaust the fan to the outside however I was hoping to use a Broan or other ductless exhaust bathroom fan and was wondering if others have used this type of exhaust fan and does it work well and will it pass code in Maryland or else where.

thanks for any advice.

Shelby from Md.
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

fan

"ductless" usually means it recirculates through a filter and if so, it will do nothing to remove humidity.
  3. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

The only ductless version that might work is a through-the-wall unit. Just like the ductless stove vents, they are almost useless...don't extract any smells, moisture, and very little smoke and grease. Now, if you can blow it outside, you'll have much better results.
  4. jimbo

jimbo Plumber