Dual sink with garbage disposal draining issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Laxbaron

Reaction score
My wife and I just moved into our new home and have discovered a problem with the kitchen sink. It is a dual drain with the left drain being about four inches higher than the right drain. The right drain drains very slowly, and backs up quickly. If I run the garbage disposal on the left drain it blows its contents up into the right sink!

Any advice would be very helpful. I have included some pictures and can take more.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Laxbaron

Reaction score
So I went to a plumbing store and after their advice I replumbed my drains to the configuration below, but I am still having the same issue. Can a body please help me!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Reach4

Reaction score
If the right bowl still drains slowly with the disposal off, I suspect a blockage below in the drain in the wall.

Is this over a basement? If not, you will need to get the drain line rodded I think.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You may have a center outlet tee there with a baffle that outputs to the center (opposite bowl)
It may just be changing the tee. The baffle should point water from both bowls downward.

Nice job on the reroute though.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks