Dual P-Trap under the kitchen Sink

Users who are viewing this thread

Sigie

Reaction score
is a Dual P-Trap under the kitchen Sink allowed

Does the code allow to put 2 p-traps under the kitchen sink connecting to the 1 ½ wall outlet stup with a pvc y

Does the code allow to put 2 p-traps under the kitchen sink connecting to the 1 ½ wall outlet stup with a pvc y?

1 p-trap is for the garbage disposal.

If I can’t do it I can’t use the garbage disposal because of height problems of the pipe coming out the wall.

I live in Florida west coast

Thanks, Sigie
sink_dw.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
traps

I do it when necessary, but some inspectors will not pass it using the theory that only one trap can be installed on a waster arm before the vent connecion. Theoretically, the flow from one trap passing by the other could create a suction and break its trap seal, but it seldom happens.

SRdenny

Plumbing Contractor
Reaction score
Like your logo, Sigie. The drawing you posted shows only one trap w/the disposal connecting to the tailpiece from the second bowl thru a disposal waste (a type of continuous waste). That is the way I would do it.

Sigie

Reaction score
drawing

i did not put the drawing out there
don't know where it comes from
it was suddenly there
that is the way i like to do it but the waste is to high, so i have to do it with a
wye and 2 p-traps

Sigie

Plumber1

Plumber
Reaction score
Drain

H J is right and do the c.o.plug. When the drain plugs up, you probobly wont have to take the trap apart. just drain the excess water into a pail and run the drain cleaning machine and start cleaning. Then you can start the water running and back out the clean cable. That keeps the kitchen cleaner..........

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks