Dual operating system.. is it okey?

Users who are viewing this thread

alleonna

Reaction score
I have posted on another thread about which is better OS to use. But in here I just want to know if its okey to use dual operating systems? I have a P4 with 80gig hard disk pc.. is this capable?

Does anybody here use dual OS? What's the difference?

Thanks

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
It's OK. Critical elements are available RAM and processor speed; RAM is the more important of the two. Your machine sounds a little lightweight. I wouldn't consider less than 1GB of RAM, and don't configure any desktop machine any more without a RAID array based on (at least) 100GB hard drives. I'm not a big fan of dual-booting, but virtualizing with VMware is goodness.

OldHouse

Reaction score
I used to have dual boot for windows and linux. It really isn't that tough. Got tired of it, and never got around to any of the coding and such that I wanted to do with linux anyway. So, it's only XP pro for me now. :)
OH.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks