Dual Fuel Boiler Problems

Users who are viewing this thread

drillmaster

Reaction score
I have a newer Dual Fuel system (2 years old) with a Thermolec 20 Kw boiler as the main boiler and a propane bolier as backup.

Just recently the electric boiler started acting up. It works fine when the zones call for heat but once the heat requirements are satisfied and the boiler shuts down the temp guage on the boiler starts to rise slowly until it hits 180 degrees then the thermal overload will shut it off.

Some how the elements are still heating when it is not calling for heat.

I have a tech working on the problem. He has changed the 2 Magnetic Contactors and now says it is the Relays or a bad element.

Just wondering if any one out there has had any problems similar to this?

Bill Arden

Computer Programmer
Reaction score
Website
www.billarden.com
I could be a relay.

But, If the element was bad then it would not heat.
The only way a bad element would overheat would be if the unit was wired so that the relay switches the neutral and not the hot.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks