Dual flush toilets

Users who are viewing this thread

jsplays

Reaction score
I've recently installed a couple of Sterling Rockton Toilets in my home. This is my first experience with low-flow toilets and they seem to work very well and my wife and I are thrilled with the idea of conserving water and lowering our bills. However, the flush on the toilets doesn't seem to be very powerful. Even though there's a 2 1/2 inch trap, I've had to use the plunger for what I would call a normal, healthy load.
I had considered getting a Toto Ultramax but went with the dual-flush instead. Was that a mistake?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Rockton gets a 325 gram rating in the MaP testing.

Map thinks that 250 would be the least you would want to use.

The Caroma dual flush that they tested were between 500 and 550 grams

The Toto Ultramax was at 700 grams.

It sorta depends on type of use. The bigger problem for most homes is the amount of paper that kids use.
Charmin Ultra 2-ply seems to be tough for toilets.
Toilet Paper Poll

On another note, there are people with medical problems with very large hard deposits that will plug many toilets.
I had one customer that had quit using a toilet, but was using a bed pan and dumping from that into the trash.
We installed a Caroma 270 with the large trapway and now she's back to being able to use a toilet in her home.

Toto is coming out with the Aquira CST414M dual flush soon.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks