Dryer vent/ducting

Users who are viewing this thread

DIY

Reaction score
Hi all,
Does anybody here have any first hand experience with periscope type duct that is square in shape,and measures 2" x 6" for limited space installations, and is said to work as well as the standard 4" round duct?

Thanks to all!

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
ALthough they are a little flimsy, they seem to work ok. I have not seen any actual test results about air flow. Be sure to tape all joints with foil tape, or you will "leak" lint.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
The only ducting I am aware of the should be avoided is the flexible tubing. That's because the ridges inside catch lint and eventually create a fire hazard.

Master Brian

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
The only ducting I am aware of the should be avoided is the flexible tubing. That's because the ridges inside catch lint and eventually create a fire hazard.

Does that hold true if I use about 4' of the flexible aluminum(?) stuff to make a connection to rigid dryer tubing. It was used to simply a sort of complex bend and make connection to the dryer easier. Most of it will eventually be buried behind a finished wall, I'm guessing it should be replaced with rigid pipe. Sorry for the intrusion...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks