Dryer Duct

Users who are viewing this thread

Chefwong

Reaction score
When using ridgid duct for dryer venting, what's the correct way to seal the ducts. Regular duct tape or duct seal...IME, duct tape get's soft with the hot air.. However, I do like the fact you can remove them easily when snaking a vent brush to clean.

Or is the correct way to use duct seal, and get those nice long rod dryer setups for dryer vent cleaning.

Chefwong

Reaction score
What is the better of the 2 materials. Rigid Aluminum or Galvanized ? Galvanized is heavier gauge but is Alumin better due to the the condensation ?

Reaction score
i use PVC for my dryer.....the 4" drain pipe (available at Lowes/HD).

I clean it every couple months. No tape on the joints; just friction fit.
Never had a problem in 5+ years.....
The pipe is not in a wall, so I can pull the dryer out, remove the pipe, clean it and re-install.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
i use PVC for my dryer.....the 4" drain pipe (available at Lowes/HD).

I clean it every couple months. No tape on the joints; just friction fit.
Never had a problem in 5+ years.....
The pipe is not in a wall, so I can pull the dryer out, remove the pipe, clean it and re-install.

Any kind of plastic pipe is prohibited for dryers by most building coded.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks