Dryer Conversion Info Needed Natural Gas to Propane

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by dawnd3, Jun 8, 2009.

1. dawnd3

dawnd3 New Member

I have an LG natural gas dryer and I have the part that needs to be installed to convert it to a propane dryer. The part came with no instructions whatsoever and Sears (where I had to buy the conversion kit from) and no plumbers I know can tell me how it gets installed. I am waiting to hear from LG themselves but it's been a while since I contacted them and am hoping I can get this done - with someone's help out there.

If you can help, I'd greatly appreciate any guidance,
    Many thanks,
    Dawn
  2. nhmaster

nhmaster Master Plumber

Converting it should be done by an appliance or a gas technician.
  3. kingsotall

kingsotall Plunger/TurdPuncher

Yup. And the instructions from LG say "Disassemble dryer." And that is no lie. Your dryer will have the top and front cover off and it's a lot easier to remove the drum in some cases. I have converted a lot of LG dryers and they are THE worst. Well, the Bosch is right up there too. :mad:
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Lp

What parts did you get? There should have been a burner orifice, a new pilot burner or pilot orifice, and a gas line regulator. They are easy to install ONCE you get to the point where you can access the burners and take them apart.