dry stack retaining wall in process

Discussion in 'Lawn Care/Landscaping' started by lmei007, Jul 15, 2011.

1. lmei007

lmei007 Member

I am building a 2.5' height (in total, 6" of the 2.5' will be burried, so only about 2' are above the ground), 75 feet long, 1 foot thick dry stack retaining wall now.

I have done the footing and first course. The base and the first course are about 18" width. The base is about 4" crushed stone.

please have a look to see is there anything is not good enough? do I have to fill in those holes with crushed stone after the first course?

thanks,

Attached Files:

2. lmei007

lmei007 Member

Another question is:
    if I want to keep adjacent stone level for next course to do 1 over 2 and then 2 over 1, I found it will make me build a relatively levelled course. Then I have to use the same or similar thickness stones. My wall is about 73' long. I am worry it will be hard to find similar thickness stone later. Should I always keep adjacent stone level? I know I can use very thick stone to change to a new thickness level but the final result is the same, I think.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2011
  3. lmei007

lmei007 Member

done few weeks ago;

Attached Files:

4. lmei007

lmei007 Member

two more. We like it!!!!!!!!!!!111

Attached Files:

5. osx-addict

osx-addict Software Engineer

Yikes! That looks like a LOT of manual labor!! Looks great though! If I was reading correctly, you used no adhesive to hold things in place? Just curious..