Drop in tub for the standard installation

Users who are viewing this thread

gchernya

Reaction score
I want to use drop-in tub (without the lip) for standard installation. I wonder if anybody knows a reliable procedure, other then caulking the gap to death, to prevent leakage. Tub is plastic jacuzzi, wall is cement durock board, will have 6" tiles. I'm thinking about "Great stuff" or somethig like that...
I also have a question about how far from the wall to extend a coupler for Delta spout, the fancy long plastic one. It is looks like no indication in the manual, and parts looks far from obvious....

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
tub

If you mean it is going into a recess and the tile is coming right down onto it, then there is no way to do it, unless you also purchase the "tile flange kit" that adapts it for recess installation. The spout adapter can be installed anywhere within an inch or so of the wall.

gchernya

Reaction score
Thank you!

I did look up the flange kit on jacuzzi web site, and it is looks like what I need.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks