Driving Well in South Florida

Users who are viewing this thread

shorrock

Reaction score
Hi all,

I started driving a well this weekend, and after loosing my PVC pipe down the hole, I switched to a steel drive point.

I washed a hole down 10' to the water line, and then drove the point, using a 10' section of pipe to save some hard labor.

When I finished with the drive, the cap has ruined the threads on the first pipe section. Thankfully, I have the equipment to re-thread the pipe out of the ground.

I was using a drive cap that I purchased, as well as the really expensive lathed couplings rather than the cast couplings. Am I in trouble, or what am I doing wrong? I am a little suprised that the cap destroyed the pipe threads in only 300 blows.

I need only about six more feet to be set for the well (One pipe segment) What should I do?

Thanks for your help.

Tom

Speedbump

Reaction score
Sledge Hammers will do that every time. Your lucky you got 300 blows out of those threads. Get a good hammer that either goes over the pipe or that has a 1" stem that goes inside the pipe so that it hits the pipe squarely each time.

bob...

shorrock

Reaction score
Just wanted to post a followup to our well drilling.

Opened it up today, and wow do we get some water. with a 1.5 hp pump and a 60" screen, I'm getting upwards of 28 gpm. Alot better then the 6 from before.

I wanted to make sure I developed the well properly. I hooked up some half inch pipe and my two hose connection and washed the well down (As good as that could be) for about 10 mins, then I hooked up the pump and ran it not hooked up to the sprinklers for about 45 mins, until the water was clean and clear.

Should I do anything else, and what kind of maintainance should we do on the point now that it is in.

thanks to all for the advice in the postings and for help.

For the record Well is in 33426 in boynton beach, 8' to water line, 28' deep.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks