Driving licenses for immigrants

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
Not sure if you meant Ian, I doubt that, lol, or the illegals, or my neighbor? My neighbor I nicknamed Jermiah Johnson because he totes his rifle through his yard area looking for the groundhogs. He asks me, " did you see that groundhog lately?"

Of course not.

He sets cages out for them, and I got pictures of them posing next to them. I have a beautiful albino groundhog which I see daily. I love them.

I see nothing. I say nothing.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Best not to shoot anything.

Use traps.

It's more humane.

That means "kind" in American, if you use that word here.

It's what the act of paying taxes is.

And drowning squirrels.

Pipehacker

Reaction score
Best not to shoot anything.

Use traps.

It's more humane.

That means "kind" in American, if you use that word here.

It's what the act of paying taxes is.

And drowning squirrels.

I did more than a little trapping when I was a youngster and a leghold trap, especially set on dry land, is not more humane than a well placed shot. The frequent result was an animal that froze to death.

Speaking of corpses, Ian, I am still waiting for your views on what should be done with Italy and Greece. Surely you do not believe that more taxes are the answer for this bit of hopeless insolvency.

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
I think we should let them go bankrupt and then let the food riots sweep across Europe. With any luck thousands and thousands will die of starvation and then the rotting corpses will breed disease that will kill off the rest of them. I don't believe in giving anyone help. Screw them all, every man for himself. Let's all stop paying taxes altogether and dump this republic in favor of a dictatorship or better yet anarchy. We don't need police or fire protection or schools for our kids and the garbage can pile up in the streets and all those municipal employees at the water & sewer department can let the crap flow freely in the streets. Our highways are in tough shape anyways so let them go too. I hate paying taxes so some guy can lean on a shovel all day on my dime. Let's get rid of all those damn bureaucrats and turn them into the streets penny less to fend for themselves, Hell, there's plenty of jobs around for those willing to work for pennies. So yea, no more taxes, It's mine all mine, mine, mine...........Doooooooh

Cookie

Reaction score
I remember when we first bought our mountain property in the early 80's. The boys were small, 4 and 5 yrs old and since, the cabin wasn't taken care of, it was taken over by snakes. I am not talking nice snakes. I am saying the kind that shakes rattles and rolls. Timber Rattlers. They were everywhere, and nothing we did could make it a safe place to go to, and especially, with little boys. So, my dear sweet husband, and I do mean that Ian, because he was the kindest soul you were to ever meet, but, he had to deal with the snakes. He used a 22. We weren't happy about this, but, it was like you couldn't walk 2 feet without coming across one.

So, this one day, I said, to my husband that their has to be a more humane way to killing them. I felt horrible. He felt horrible. The boys were crying. So, I said, what forever would stay in my husband's mind for 20 years, and he would tease me about.

I said, " what if we set them on fire?"

His head spunned, his eyes were huge, his mouth dropped... and, when he was able to speak he called me by my real name, which he never did... he said, " ANGIE, angie, on fire? Not to mention that would be painful for them, they would set the mountainside on fire!" He added, " where is my wife and what did you do to her?"

I hung my head in shame. It was my day of shame. ;)

I thought... incorrectly, thought it would be more humane. He said, "let me handle this okay? you go make pancakes." WHICH he knew made me mad. lol. I was being dismissed. LOL.

Cookie

Reaction score
He catches cats and rabbits in his cages. I go let them out. I feed everything in my yard and tell them to stay. The groundhogs are smart, they don't go in it.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I think we should let them go bankrupt and then let the food riots sweep across Europe. With any luck thousands and thousands will die of starvation and then the rotting corpses will breed disease that will kill off the rest of them. I don't believe in giving anyone help. Screw them all, every man for himself. Let's all stop paying taxes altogether and dump this republic in favor of a dictatorship or better yet anarchy. We don't need police or fire protection or schools for our kids and the garbage can pile up in the streets and all those municipal employees at the water & sewer department can let the crap flow freely in the streets. Our highways are in tough shape anyways so let them go too. I hate paying taxes so some guy can lean on a shovel all day on my dime. Let's get rid of all those damn bureaucrats and turn them into the streets penny less to fend for themselves, Hell, there's plenty of jobs around for those willing to work for pennies. So yea, no more taxes, It's mine all mine, mine, mine...........Doooooooh

Ian has a way of bringing out the best in us:D

he is Ianglish

Pipehacker

Reaction score

And how, Mr. Sawyer, would using taxpayer money help the situation with Greece and Italy? By reimbursing/subsidizing their bondholders? Is that prudent? Or is it by paying for a system which provides for a government paid pension at age 50 and the month of August off? Do we not have a moral obligation to improve the situation and not to just subsidize it and allow the problem to perpetuate?

By putting limits on social benefits we avoid an incentive to remain impoverished and dependant. And by subsidizing and requiring education and job programs we will promote a work ethic, although for some it may be too late on this point.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
By putting limits on social benefits we avoid an incentive to remain impoverished and dependant.

Poppycock.

What about those people that have no skills?

What about those that are too old to be retrained?

What about those too sick to work?

Besides, finding and securing a job costs money. That is why taxpayers should pay benefits to those out of work.

Are'nt squirreles the last wild animals in England?

They were until the larger, American gray invaded and wiped out most of our reds.

Pipehacker

Reaction score
Poppycock.

What about those people that have no skills?

What about those that are too old to be retrained?

What about those too sick to work?

Besides, finding and securing a job costs money. That is why taxpayers should pay benefits to those out of work.

But we don't have a system based on awarding people who, through no fault of their ow, try and fail. We have an entitlement system, which rewards people regardless of ambition or lack of ambition. Case in point-Section 8 housing, which provides housing assistance based on low income and number of dependants, thereby providing an incentive to remain uneducated, unmarried, unemployed, and pregnant.

And no one here has suggested eliminating assistance to the disabled.

We need to distinguish between the deserving and the undeserving. Or do we just pay for Greece, Italy and others who lack discipline?

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
Ok so again, the best thing would be to pull all the welfare money off the table, throw the lazy bums out into the streets and let them die quietly behind a dumpster somewhere except that they won't go away that easy. They have no skills, little education and even if they did there are NO FREEKING JOBS for all of them anyway. So what they WILL do is rob. pillage and destroy to get what they need to survive and naturally, we will have to hire more policemen, more jails, more courts, more, more, more of everything and all paid for by the taxpayer at probably 5 times the cost of welfare in the first place. You are saying we have a problem and we do but I don't see ANYONE in either party coming up with a viable solution to ANYTHING. All you can do is point out the bleeding obvious. I hear Hannity railing on about the Wall Street protesters because in his words "they have no platform" and yet this same sycophant has no problem getting behind the idiots in the Tea Party that have no platform and no solutions either. Quit pointing out the damn problem and start coming up with workable solutions. It's easy to say the government needs to spend less but where exactly should the cut's be? How about defense. OH HELL NO we can't do that. Our nation is in constant danger (mostly created by us in the first place) Let's cut the EPA and move forward with the rape and pillage of our natural habitat and the poisoning of our waters. How many remember that it wasn't that long ago that the Erie canal would catch fire occasionally? Let's cut education. Lord knows this next generation isn't dumb enough anyway. Problems, problems, problems and nothing but Captain Obvious to the rescue. You want answers, I'll give you the answer. There is no answer. Through decades of corruption, apathy, greed and stupidity we have finally reached the point where it makes no damn difference what anybody does or tries to do. The boat is going over the falls and all the paddles in the world ain't bringing it back upstream.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Case in point-Section 8 housing, which provides housing assistance based on low income and number of dependants, thereby providing an incentive to remain uneducated, unmarried, unemployed, and pregnant.

Living it large in Section 8 eh?

Not the last time I looked.

The bottom line is this. Americans want to work. They want the dignity. They do not want to live on handouts.

Most of what is wrong with America today is the false perception by some that the rest are out to screw the system.

Which is nonsense.

Tom makes some great points.

Last edited:

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
Bring back our clothespin, matches, pencil, and rolling pin machinery from Vietnam and China, and get your section 8 friends to work in the abandoned factories that are sprouting up like mushrooms.

Or round them up in a bus at 9 am and have them clean the streets and parks for 7 hours a day, or back to the street.

Or as in China, underground the wires by digging the ditches by hand. No more energy left for chillin at the 7-11 till midnight.

Give them a 11am and 3 pm crack or crank break. Buy them pants they cant wear on their privates.

And Ian, here is your chance to get your government dole to Solyndra , about 600 million for 10 cents on the dollar: the auction catalogue:

http://hgpauction.auctionflex.com/s...d=0&archive=n&lso=lotnumasc&pagenum=1&lang=En

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Not just one note, but many soft and loud.

Raise taxes on the rich to close the deficit.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks