Driven well Pipe diameter

Users who are viewing this thread

mpyrol

Reaction score
I need a shallow well and after much research and the cost for the local drillers in the area I have come to the decision to drive a shallow well. If I have to buy a few tips and take a week or so off work it is still worth it as long as I get water. I am using it for my amimals and to alieviate usage of my home well. They are going to be close, a few hundred feet.

My question is if I drive a 2 inch pipe and the water level is more than 24 ft then I need a two pipe pump. So, Driving more than 24ft with 2 inch pipe is pointless? Is apparatus available for 2" in pipe? The jet pumps seem to have 1 1/4" and 1" lines.

Brian

Speedbump

Reaction score
The depth of the well has nothing to do with the type of pump. It is the water level that matters. If it's less than 25 feet a shallow well jet pump will work as long as it stays less than the 25 feet. There is a single pipe jet made for two inch wells. I sell a lot of them.

If you need help on how to drill this well, look at the Sticky at the top of this Forum.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks