Drive point well question

Users who are viewing this thread

Sammyhydro11

In the Trades
Reaction score
Dave,
i would go with the J5. When you fill the pipes with water close the regulator on the discharge of the pump all the way.If you dont have a regulator you need to get one. You need a minimum of 30 psi back pressure on that jet assembly.You could temporarily use a ball valve off the discharge. Just make sure the ball valve is coming off a tee on the discharge of the pump so you can place a gauge on the top of the tee. In your jet assembly the nozzle should be an A017 and the venturi a AD726. The pressure should come up to like 70 psi. From there start opening the regulator until you have a decent flow of water.

SAM

Speedbump

Reaction score
Just put the 3/4hp in and don't worry about fine tuning your screen. It's going to plug up someday anyway so don't worry about that. Worry about getting it working the way you want it to work.

bob...

sucker dave

Reaction score
Speed,
I was running a 3/4 hp before and had pump surging problems. replacing it with a 3/4 hp again will cause the same problems, won't it? Besides, wouldn't the pump last longer running without surging. Can you P.M. me a price for the FP2-31 packer?

Dave

Speedbump

Reaction score
If the well isn't keeping up with the pump, you can just valve it down to where it keeps up.

The 2" packer is $63.00 plus shipping.

bob...

Sammyhydro11

In the Trades
Reaction score
Dave,
dont you already have a packer setup?? If you do then just change out the tube and nozzle in it. I'm a little lost with having to buy a whole new assembly.

SAM

Speedbump

Reaction score
I agree with that. Sammy might have the nozzle and venturi you need. I don't have anything for a Goulds.

bob...

sucker dave

Reaction score
I'll do that thanks. I also have local well guy coming out to give me a cost on drilling me a 4" well so I can forget about these problems.
Thanks to all for all the great help!!!!!

Ron in SC

Reaction score
I also have local well guy coming out to give me a cost on drilling me a 4" well so I can forget about these problems

Did you ever solve your problem? Mine is similar if not the same. I just have not been able to get deep enough yet to see how much water I really have down there.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks