Drive-Couplings when setting a Sand-Point?

Users who are viewing this thread

Mad Plumber

Mad Skills
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Sir:
All literature that I've read says to use Drive-Couplings when setting a Sand-Point. A Drive-Coupling has a Straight-Thread, (NPSC) or the likes. It states that the 2" 11 1/2 thread, (NPT) is to be screwed into the Drive-Coupling to the point of the 2 sections of pipe Butting up against one another, thereby not putting any pressure on the threads while driving, but rather the pressure would be against pipe-end
on pipe-end. My problem: I tried doing so. The NPT thread will not Butt within the Drive-Coupling
no matter how much power applied.

The only way that I could accomplish Butting the 2 sections together, within a Drive-
Coupling, was to Thread each section a full 2" of threads.

My question to you, Please!

What would you suggest that I do here? Is it advisable to do the 2" of thread onto each section of pipe?

Thaank you,

T Engelhard

Intheswamp

Reaction score
Thread the pipes as much as required so that when screwed in they butt against each other. It will require more threads than a standard pipe connection.

Where are you driving your well? I have been trying to decide between driving or jetting a well at a remote cabin site. I'm in south Alabama and the site is on a bluff overlooking a river and swamp. I'm having trouble figuring whether their is water beneath the bluff within suction depth. I may move down the bluff a short piece to get closer to river level.

Best wishes,
Ed

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks