Dripping Valve on Water Heater

Users who are viewing this thread

MAD King

Reaction score
Hello community,

On my water heater is a valve and it is dripping so that the tub under is already full.
What is the valve for, why is it dripping and most important question, how can I fix it?

Thank you for helping.

Water Heater.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If you are referring to the drain vave, near the bottom with hose threads. That's for draining the tank. It should not be dripping.

If you are referring to the copper pipe to the right, that's the drain for the T & P. Temperature and Pressure Relief Valve.
If that is dripping then it either the pressure is too high, the temperature is too high, or it's worn and faulty.

MAD King

Reaction score
It just started dripping a few days ago and I am afraid I will brake it when I try to tighten it, because it is plastic, but replacing would be the better choice I think, right?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks