Dripping Tub Shower valve

Users who are viewing this thread

Crosstalk

Reaction score
Hello. I have a drip coming from the cold side (I think) of a 3 handle shower valve. I pulled off the handle and trim to find what I think is a stem extension. I didn't see any flats for a wrench so I tried to pull it straight off but it didn't come out. The plastic part seems to have two pieces to it--maybe there is a retaining clip somewhere? The brass screw on the end seems to be a reinforcement for the handle set screw. Was afraid to pull too hard because I don't have a separate shut off for this bathroom and need to have water tonight. If I get it taken apart, is this stem likely to have any user-serviceable parts (rubber washers/o-rings)?

overall view
crosstalk_tub1.jpg

cold-side stem
crosstalk_tub2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

robert13084

Reaction score
Loosen the screw, pull extension off ,and then pull cartridge out. There should be a washer and spring behind the cartridge. Replace that. Most of the time you can use delta cups and springs. Home Depot should have them.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks