drip system to standard irrigation system

Users who are viewing this thread

bran fallon

Reaction score
Hello All,
Question for the more irrigation literate. I removed two drip systems in my parkway approx 5 months ago. I essentially installed standard pop up sprinklers to water grass now in the same area. All the drip line is removed and replaced with 1/2" PVC line cut and glued to the existing supply line that was in place. I have two separate parkways both with three small risers coming from the newly installed PVC after the drip removal. Initially I had water flowing with no issues on one side. Then very shortly after completing the second parkway, I noticed I no longer receive water on the other parkway. I have been banging my head against the wall for months and hand watering the Un-watered parkway for months....like a moron! I was speaking to a guy this evening about pressure reducers. Is it possible that my valves controlling these areas are not flowing because of pressure reducers and now larger piping installation? Is it possible that if I remove the pressure reducers I can regain irrigation to these areas? Any input is welcome please...Thank you!
Brian

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Drip uses only 10 to 15 PSI, which is why they have pressure reducers. Sprays need 40- 50 PSI so you need to remove any pressure reducers or at least turn them way up.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
1/2" is marginal for a sprinkler system but may be adequate for three heads. The PVC has to be attached DIRECTLY to the valves, not any parts of the old drip system. You could also have bad wiring or a bad valve, which would do the same thing.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks