Drilling knockout for Composite granite sink

Users who are viewing this thread

livingaboard

Reaction score
Once again I call upon the vast knowledge of this board to help me out.

I ordered a Blanco composite granite sink and forgot to have them drill an additional hole next to the center hole it comes with. It is on its way and I will need to open up an additional "knockout". There are 7 knockouts on this sink. Are these "knockouts" really knockouts or are they just a premarked area that have to be drilled out?

If I have to drill a hole how should I go about doing this? I believe it is about 1.25 inches in diameter.

thanks,

Dave

Coz

Reaction score
you should have directions for knocking out the holes with the sink . if not get them. do not drill them

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
If they have stickers on the finished side of sink showing locations of the holes,

don't assume those stickers are directly over the knockouts. I installed a moenstone sink last week, was working tired and started pecking on the knockout sticker like the first one I did and had no problems.

Turns out the sticker was off an 1" and all those pecker marks could of cost me a $600 sink no one wanted.

Pulled the sticker off, used a 1-3/8" carbide hole saw and centered it over all the dings I put in the sink and took care of the mishap.

Never again will I trust the sticker locations.

livingaboard

Reaction score
thanks

Thanks for the information. I was just trying to think ahead as to what tools I would need if I had to drill. Contacting Blanco was my next step but I figured it would take a while for them to get back to me.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
If I am correct, the blanco sinks are a composite similar to Corian? These can be drilled with any hole saw. IF it is really a granite composite like Silestone, these need more serious tools.

livingaboard

Reaction score
composit

jimbo said:
If I am correct, the blanco sinks are a composite similar to Corian? These can be drilled with any hole saw. IF it is really a granite composite like Silestone, these need more serious tools.

They are made of 80% granite with the rest being essentially a resin or plastic.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks