Drilless Tub Doors?

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by CoolestDa, Sep 21, 2005.

1. CoolestDa

CoolestDa New Member

Is there such an animal?

I swear I saw one at Lowe's - a set of tub doors that could be installed without having to drill into the walls. When I went back last night, I couldn't find them and the clerk was clueless.

I temporarily live in an apartment. I'd like to put in the doors because my kids LOVE to take baths but always end up making a huge mess. I know the complex would frown on my drilling into their walls/fiberglass tub set-up to install.

Any sugestions?

Thanks in advance.
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

I believe Keystone makes this. Basically, the top and bottom rails were spring-loaded to fit. However, I don't remember if this was just to avoid having to cut the rails. I don't know if the springloaded rails were sufficient to keep the side rails vertical/
  3. rodeoman

rodeoman New Member

4. CoolestDa

CoolestDa New Member

Sterling it was!!! I recognized the company logo as soon as I got on the linked website. Thank you very much. Now I just need to find a distributor that sells it at a price I can live with.

Thanks again!