Drillers, how many feet per day?

Users who are viewing this thread

themitch

Reaction score
Late reply. Work in Northeast PA on the drilling rigs in the Marcellus. Air drilling the top holes is what almost everyone here does. Either with a hammer for straight holes or with a tri-cone and a motor for deviated top holes. Most impressive was one company that would run a 8.5" hammer, 5000 scfm at about 600 psi and make 400 feet an hour. Was a fast pace for everyone. Second most impressive was using the same air and a 12.25" tri-cone making over 200 feet an hour. The amount of vibrations coming up the drill string is obscene.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
yo could be 100' from the neighbors and still have completely different specifications. I was on a job years ago where the customer was on a ridge 50' from a lake and they NEVER struck water in the first holes they drilled.

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
HJ
We see that all the time around here. I can show you a few subdivisions with a lake across the street and 1000' wells in the yards.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks