Drake toilet water plumbing connection

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by upstateNY222, Oct 22, 2009.

1. upstateNY222

upstateNY222 New Member

My question is technical and is directed solely to the water connection at the toilet tank. I have always used bendable chrome copper tubing for connecting toilet tanks -- This Drake is my first connection to plastic, in the past all were solid Brass. Checking at my local DIY center I noticed (besides the fact that most are using flexible SS tubing) that bendable chrome tubing is available in 2 forms, a flat top version and a dome top version. I have always used the flat top version with solid Brass.

What is the specific use for each type ?? see photo

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 23, 2009
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

The dome top is for lavs with a 1/2" nut
    The flat top is for toilets with a 7/8" nut
  3. upstateNY222

upstateNY222 New Member

thank you.

Is there a preferred connection for the drake toilet - It's an ADA compliant replacement for a regular height 25 year old Kohler - the flat top chrome tubing length with bends is 9 3/4" - a 12" SS flexible is excessive and a 9" is too short?
  4. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

You can get longer rigid copper supplies.

Or just let the flex connector bend a bit.
  5. upstateNY222

upstateNY222 New Member

Thanks again - decided to use chrome bendable tubing now that I know which is the correct top. Since I have a tubing bender, inlet water supply was easily installed.