Drake Tank

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by vman, Feb 9, 2008.

1. vman

vman New Member

Had one of my handy men put in a drake in a unit. Is the tank suppose to wobble alittle or not? Or is it suppose to stiff/steady as a one piece?

Any ideas?
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

People are often leary about tightening up the tank. A little movement is okay, but you can get it almost tight to the bowl if you do it slowly and evenly. You don't really want tight porcelain to porcelain, almost touching.
  3. vman

vman New Member

Only 1 response? So are we saying it is ok if it flexes back a bit. It doesn't seem to flex forward at all.
  4. krow

krow Plumber

As jadnashua said, some people are really unsure on how tight the porcelain should be. I personally like to couple them as close as I can so they don't wobble. If your scared of tightening any more, put a plastic wegde where it won't be seen to stop it from moving.