Drake parts

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by jdon88, Jul 8, 2010.

1. jdon88

jdon88 New Member

After some internet searching I decided to buy a Drake to replace the 1954 and 1962 toilets in my new house. I was wondering about replacement parts. How long are the innards expected to last and are they hard to find? What about the seat, I keep hearing about the soft close seat. That one and the others seem expensive, do regular seats available in the box stores fit? Thanks.
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Toto uses two different flush valves...one is by Korky (made for Toto) and I'm not sure of the other. Both work well. The korky version has one wear part that is available at Lowes and any plumbing store. The flappers are avaiable at Lowes as well. Prices, about $3 and $10 respectively. There is another company that makes a soft-close seat. It's good when there are children around and is nice for adults as well...no late night bangs or caught fingers or other parts. There are generally two sizes of toilet seats: round, and elongated. Most will fit. the differences are exact fit and color match. that is subjective, but they will fit. I like the soft-close feature.
  3. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

One of the very strong points in favor of the Toto toilets is the fact that replacement parts are off the shelf items at virtually any hardware store or plumbing supply at a reasonable cost.