Drake options

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by decisions decisions!, Aug 18, 2005.

1. decisions decisions!

decisions decisions! New Member

The Toto website lists several "Drake" toilet options-insulated tank, bolt down, sanagloss. Could someone clarify these options for me-necessary, not necessary? Also saw a one piece model-"Lloyd"-is anyone familiar with this model?
  2. Have you ever had problems with the tank sweating?
  3. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Drake does have a Sanagloss version, a much smoother glaze that cleans easier.

"SanaGloss is a toilet glazing that helps keep the toilet bowl clean for a lifetime. SanaGloss glazing seals the toilet bowl with an ionized barrier, creating a super smooth surface. This non-porous surface helps prevent particles from adhering to ceramic, while the catalyzed ion barrier actually repels particles away."
    Totousa.com

They also have the insulated tank option. I've mainly sold those to homeowners with cold well water.

Since the new toilets use only part of the water in the tank, sweating hasn't been an issue.
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2005
  4. decisions decisions!

decisions decisions! New Member

No, I haven't had any toilet sweating-so I probably don't need an insulated tank. What is a "bolt" option? Does the sanagloss finish require special handling when cleaning? Thanks!
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2005
  5. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Bolt down lids are used in some public places to prevent damage by mean people.

Don't use powder and abrasives with Sanagloss, liquid cleaners should be fine.
    The idea is to maintain the smooth finish.